Week 6 - Workout 2
What do you get when you combine isometrics with AMRAPs to (near) failure? A deep burn, my friends... and gainzzzzz.....
Equipment: Your Door/Sheet Set-Up and Optionally a Single KB/DB/Weighted Bag for Leg Work
Activation Warmup (https://youtu.be/BTfi5L7bTuI)
Lunge Matrix w/
Arms Out + Twist In
Arms Out + Twist Out
Rear Foot Elevated on a Bench/Bed/Ottoman (or you could use a staggered stance - just be sure to have your weight distributed so that the forward leg is doing all the work):
1. 10 RDL with Controlled Descend and a Glute Squeeze for 2 Seconds @ Top
2. Immediately Split Squat to Near Failure (Keep 1-2 Reps in the Tank)
3. Immediately :10s Hold @ Bottom of Lunge
4. Rest for about :30s before Switching Leg (Keep about 1:00 Rest per Leg)
1. :20s Hold in Plank while Squeezing Your Hands Towards Each Other (they won't move, just have that intention for the hold + squeeze)
2. Immediately Pushups to Near Failure (Keep 1-2 Reps in the Tank)
3. :10 Hold @ Bottom of Pushup
4. 1:00 Rest
Back Attack!! Yes - you CAN do this at home! Use your Sheet Set-Up to Complete:
1. :30-:40s Hold @ Top of Row
2. Immediately 20 Sheet Rows
3. Immediately 20-30 Reverse Flies
4. 1:00 Rest
50 Crunches AFAFP (essentially as fast as you can - just with another F in there...)
Deep breathing to get your body back to homeostasis - get that stress level back down. Stretch out those shoulders, back, neck, and glutes. The Restorative Yoga session from Joyce would be perfect here too (https://youtu.be/vMKzdIbAim0)!
Make It A Great One!